jueves, 3 de mayo de 2012

ELECTURAS EN INGLÉS

The students of the second year of Bachillerato read “A Passage to India” by E.M. Forster in the second term of the school year.
Let´s see the summary of the book and some of the students´ opinions.

A Passage to India is a novel set against the backdrop of the British Raj and the Indian independence movement in the 1920’s .The novel is based on Forster’s experiences in India.
The story revolves around four characters: Dr. Aziz, his British friend Mr. Cyril Fielding, Mrs. Moore, and Miss Adela Quested.
During a trip to the Marabar Caves , Adela accuses Aziz of attempting to assault her. Aziz’s trial, and its run-up and aftermath, bring out all the racial tensions and prejudices between indigenous Indians and the British colonist who rule India.

OPINIONS
In my opinion, “ A Passage to India” shows the real India. Indians were discriminated and considered inferior by the British, despite being in their own country.
Adela’s attitude is very brave when she says she was wrong and that Aziz is innocent, as she faces all the British community and her fiancé.
Brenda Pérez Zapater 2ºCSA

From my point of view, “ A Passage to India” was at first a bit complicated because it was difficult to associate names with characters, but when I got it, I really enjoyed reading the book.
What I liked most was the incident which happens at Marabar Caves.
Marina Hernández Hernández 2º CSA

I think this book is amazing, not only because of the story, but also the relevance and the symbolism of the actions make the book fantastic.
The language used is easy, but at the beginning, you can get lost with so many names.
Anyway, I enjoyed reading this book.
José Vilches Orosia 2º CSA

In my opinion this book helps us spend a good time with a mystery book. First I thought it could be boring, but later, the book captivated me and I couldn’t stop reading it.
The end surprised me a lot. The book doesn’t solve the mystery of the Marabar Caves and I don’t like such an open ending.
Dalila Eslava Pérez 2º CSA

This is an interesting book which tells a story that reflects the reality of historic moment of India. The book tells us about the trobles and the situation of an occupied country where native people are treated with hatred and as inferiors.
It’s a good criticism and it help us to know what was happening in 1924 in that place. There is also a mystery hidden in the Marabar Caves that makes us go reading.
Gloria Cercós Álvarez 2º CSA

In my opinion, “ A Passage to India” is a book hard to understand. It has many characters and the English language level is high. From my point of view the story is interesting and real.
Thanks to this book I could learn new words in English. I recommend this book.
Iván Benages Montolío 2º CSA

I think that this book is a good example of the colonialism in India, and it shows the different behaviours of the British and Indian people.
I think the vocabulary is quite difficult but I liked the story despite being strange sometimes .
Alba Pilar Martínez Alonso 2º CSA

“A Passage to India” is a very interesting book because it gives us a vision of the colonial India.
The story is about love racism, cultures of different people and it questions if there is a possibility of friendship between British and Indians.
Ana Puerto Montañés 2ºCSB





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario